You simply cannot run a Health & Safety system without trained, certified and accredited staff.
How does a Health & Safety programme benefit my company?
- All businesses rotate around the idea of generating money. So what is the cost of an employee’s life?
- In the case of an Accident / Incident, are you aware that the concealed costs frequently amount to considerably more than the obvious costs?
- Productivity standstills can be very costly. Do the calculations.
- It has been proven that a Health & Safety programme is conducive to effective productivity. Contented and respected employees, who feel safe at work, are more productive.
- Why you need to avoid legal consequences?
- Section 38 of the OSH Act – Offenses and penalties states:
Section 12 General Administrative Regulations - Failure to comply
- Employees can be fined up to R50 000 / 1 year imprisonment or both.
- Employers can be fined up to a R100 000 / 2 years imprisonment or both.
- Imprisonment of up to 1 year for all staff.
- Additional R200 per day for non-rectification.
Available Training Courses
SHE Representative Course
FTS SAFETY REMINDS YOU THAT THIS IS A LEGAL REQUIREMENT!
How many employees do you have working for you presently?
- The Occupational Health & Safety Act states that if you have more than 20 employees, you will require at least one Safety Rep for any operational working environment.
- FTS Safety offers you SHE Representative training by an accredited Facilitator.
Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment
FTS SAFETY DEFINES THE VITAL NECESSITY OF THIS REQUIREMENT!
How many hazards exist in your workplace?
- Section 8 of the Occupational Health & Safety Act states that you will provide a workplace for your employees that is healthy and safe. Section 5 of Major Hazard Regulations defines this as compulsory.
- FTS Safety also believes Prevention is better than Cure. We will provide you with a comprehensive course in Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment.
General Health & Safety Training
FTS SAFETY ADVISES YOU ON COMPLIANCE WITH THE OSH ACT!
How compliant is your company with the Act?
- Sections 8 and 14 of the Occupational Health & Safety Act state that employers and employees will be compliant and conversant with the law.
- FTS Safety offers a general insight to the Occupational Health & Safety Act, including all respective legal requirements.
Emergency & Evacuation Procedures
FTS SAFETY EXPLAINS THE CONSEQUENCES OF NON-COMPLIANCE!
Do you have a contingency plan in place for emergencies?
- Section 6 of the Major Installations Regulations states that in the event of a fire or bomb you must have a system to evacuate the workforce to a place of safety.
- FTS will provide you with interactive and instructional course on how to execute an evacuation.
FTS SAFETY NOTIFIES YOU ON THE LEGAL PROCEDURE AND PROCESS!
Do you have accidents in your workplace?
- Sections 9 & 10 of the General Safety Administrative Regulations state that any accidents above first aid cases will be investigated.
- FTS Safety provides a course in for the legal process and procedures in Incident investigation.
Fire Prevention Level 1
FTS SAFETY TRAINS YOU FOR COMPLIANCE WITH FIRE REGULATIONS!
Do you know what to do in the event of a fire in your work place?
- Section 27 of Construction Regulations states that you will have a plan of action to protect your work force in the event of a workplace fire. Section 8 of the Occupational & Safety Act insists on employees’ safety.
- FTS offers you a combined course in general theory and the practical usage of fire equipment.
WAHCON (Working At Heights Control )
FTS SAFETY REMINDS YOU : SAFETY IS ALWAYS FIRST
- Section 8 of Construction regulations mentions a training programme for all employees who conduct work in elevated positions
FTS Safety will train and safeguard you from unnecessarily incidents and downtime
- Have your respective employees been trained?
- Undergone medical evaluation?
- Do you have registers and checklists?
Protective Work Wear Induction
FTS SAFETY WARNS YOU THAT THIS IS A LEGAL REQUIREMENT.
- Section 2 of the General Safety Regulations clearly requires the following compliance for Personal Protective Clothing & Equipment
FTS Safety strives to educate & demonstrate the legal and correct usage of PPE and teach you to identify and understand all workplace signage
- Issuing correctly and consistently
- Induction and instruction
- Enforcement and maintenance
FTS SAFETY ADVISES YOU THAT YOUR SAFETY PROGRAMME MUST BE MANAGED PROFESSIONALLY
- Section 8 of The OHS Act states that the Employer will provide a properly managed health and safety system that is effective.
She reps effectively require management. FTS Safety will provide you with a training programme that is interactive and will provide you with competent safety officers.
- Is your safety system functional?
- Are your deviations being resolved?
HAZCON For Hazardous Chemicals
FTS SAFETY INFORMS YOU ABOUT ALL REQUIREMENTS.
- Section 3 of Hazardous Chemical Regulations: States that all persons working with or exposed to hazardous chemicals, must be properly trained.
FTS Safety will train you in safe work procedures and protective measures.
- Are your employees trained?
- Issued with the prescribed P.P.E.?
- Have material safety data sheets in place?
COIDA Compliance (Compensation Claims Act )
FTS SAFETY EMPHASISES THE LEGAL PROCESS ATTACHED TO CLAIMS
- Section 14 of The OHS Act states that employees who sustain work related injuries or health issues, need to report it as an injury on duty case.
FTS Safety will ensure that you follow the correct process and procedure.
- Is your company accident proof ?
- Are you legally compliant for incidents ?
- Do you understand the C.O.I.D.A system ?